21.6.10

Tommy Reilly

Even though Tommy Reilly is an act who was manufactured for and by Orange's unsigned act, there is still so much truth and naivety in his performance. His songs hold a childish charm to them which is offset by his 'soulful' writing. He's like Paolo Nutini in the sense that he appears so much older when he sings... but he can sing just juvenile things as 'I thought she was my friend but now I love her'. I just love him. I adore him.

His new album may make me want to cry for the entirety of every song but I embrace that and it takes a lot these days for that to happen.

This is his winning cover of Mr Brightside. And yes, it may just be a cover but I thin it adds an entirely different element to the song and turns it away from its club reputation and changes it into a heartfelt, believable anthem.

hats off to you, sir.



Oh, and if you can make Mr Alex James, king of Blur and owner of a cheese farm, you have my vote!

Will be seeing Tommy again this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment